Sunday, August 5, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins



I love summer, but I hate what it does to my bananas! 


I eat bananas every day, yet recently it seems like I'm buying new bananas every couple of days — they turn brown so fast! I really shouldn't mind, because I like banana bread and I LOVE these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins even more.


These muffins are a breeze to whip up in the morning or any time you're faced with overripe bananas.


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
4-5 ripe bananas
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips
Vegetable spray

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, mash peeled bananas. Add egg and stir until combined. Add flour mixture, then sugar, then pour the melted butter over top. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Spray muffin pan with vegetable spray. Scoop batter into the 12 muffin tins (no need for cupcake papers).
  5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until just lightly browned on top.


This column first appeared in Stimuli Magazine. Check out my column
'Just Desserts' for more sweet and delicious recipes!


No comments: